Grab your camera and document urban forestry volunteers in action during National NeighborWoods® Month. Send us your most dramatic, artistic, and heartfelt photographs that capture the NeighborWoods® spirit of volunteerism or post on Twitter.
Prize: A Corona Cares Tool Grant of $1,000 worth of tools
Timeframe: October 1 to November 14, 2014
In addition to the prize, the winning photo will be featured on our websites and on future ACTrees and NeighborWoods® promotional materials. Photos can be landscape or profile, action or portrait, individual or group, etc. Before submitting, please be sure to read the contest guidelines. We welcome all entries, but are especially eager to see photos depicting subjects like:
- The spirit of volunteerism
- Tree planting, mulching, or pruning in action
- Use of National NeighborWoods® Month materials
- Family & Youth
- Trees in neighborhood/residential landscapes
How To Submit Your Pictures
Submit your pictures by November 14, 2014 in one the following ways:
Post your photos on Twitter using #NeighborWoods and mentioning @alliance4trees.
IE: 30 volunteers planted trees at (location) for #NeighborWoods @alliance4trees
If you post to Twitter, ACTrees may contact you for more information about your photo.
Send your photos to Programs@ACTrees.org with the subject line: “NeighborWoods Photo Contest.”
You may submit as many photos as you want—in fact, send a bunch! Just make sure to include:
- Your high resolution image, preferably in color, in JPEG or TIFF format
- Your full name(s) and name of your organization
- Organization address, email, and phone number
- Caption or picture subject/title
- A one-sentence description of the moment and event presented in the picture
- How your picture features NeighborWoods® (if not immediately evident)
Please note that by submitting a photo, you agree to allow ACTrees to use that photo on its website and for future communications and presentation purposes. Read all the Photo Contest Rules here.